Sunday, March 18, 2007

In Other News . . . Long Lost Cousin Found!


Its funny how sometimes the last time you see someone you never really think it’s the last time. You carry on the way you always would until one day it hits you. Man, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen my cousin Heather! I wonder if I’d known those years ago that the day we last played would be the last time in a long time since we would see each other again. I wonder if I knew, if I would have hugged her longer at good bye or begged my mom for just 5 more minutes to play? It’s funny how life works sometimes. Neither one of us could recall just how long it had actually been since we had seen each other. It may have been at the family reunion in 94. Or it could have been as simple of an event as playing on my Aunts farm in Jersey. Either way it has been a long time and it was a delight to see her again while she visited San Diego with her friend Aaron.

She looks good and seems very happy. It was great to get reacquainted with her again. I felt the family connection right away. Sometimes family, any family is a huge breath of fresh air being so far away from home and all. We are all part of the same threads, the same gene pool, and we share many of the same fond memories. It was great catching up with her. She is as excited as I am to have another family reunion next year. We both agreed it’s time all of our kids got together and played like we did so many years ago. Here’s looking forward to another great family reunion in 2008!

We were able to give her a dose of family fun with Pete’s family while she was out. Pete’s mother, stepfather, sister, and niece were all able to join us at the Coyote Grill. We even had our host daughter from Japan join in the fun. We got to sit outside around a fire pit, drinking drinks, munchin snacks, and listening to the live band. Heather and I even got up and danced with all the kids to the rockin sound of the percussion. I hope she can make it back again soon. We had a great time with her.

If you’d like to see more pictures form Heather’s visit please click on this link.

2 comments:

ReyLynda said...

What a great family shot! I'm sure your cousin had a great time out here, and hopefully the bad weather subsided a bit so she could fly back home.

Mamarazzi said...

Damn- where the heck have i been? I didn't know any of this in your life was going on...some best friend I am!