Friday, March 02, 2007

Family Ties Part I

Happy Birthday To You . . .

A very happy birthday goes out to my one and only sweet mother today March 3rd! I am so sad that we could not be together to celebrate such a wonderful day but have high hopes that we will see each other soon. We are wishing for an Easter visit this year in California. We know for sure though that we will see her in the summer for Angela’s wedding.

Mom you are the best! You raised me well and I am so fortunate to have you as a mother. I try to carry all you’ve taught me and pass it on to Nadia. It’s tough to carry a torch so great though. Your flame is so bright! You must have had the patience of an iron woman. You had the will and courage of an ox. You had the creativity of one of the masters teaching us (Robbie and I) and encouraging us in the fields of art, music, and poetry. You always created amazing adventures for us too weather it was traveling around the country or in our own back yard. You always kept us happy and healthy. You taught us the value of friendship and the importance of family. All these attributes were instilled in me at a young age and you continue to mystify me even today!


Mom, I love you so much and am so grateful for all you have done and are still doing for me. I look forward to many more wonderful years of great wisdom, infinite compassion, and amazing adventures.

This picture below was taken on Great Grandpa and Great Grandma's farm in New Jersey. The four sisters in the picture are (from left to right) Martha, Dorris, Elizabeth, and Hildiguard.


Our family has always been a family of farmers for almost as long as I can trace back. Your Grandmother (Margaret) and Grandfather (Luigi) had an amazing farm when they came to this country. Your Mother (Elizabeth) and her sisters grew up on the farm, feeding chickens and cows and picking fruits, vegetables, and berries. Two of those sisters went on to own their own farms which you and all of your cousins were raised on doing much the same thing as your parents. You even had horses to ride. You raised us children in much the same way with our cousins all around to play with. We too would help feed the chickens, pick fresh veggies and fruits, and we even got to go for tractor and hey rides around the farm with Uncle John. Farms have always been near and dear to all of our family’s hearts.

To be continued . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow,that is by far the BEST present a Mother can get.Thank you.I am a bit misty eyed & overwhelmed at the moment, I am so thankful that you remember the GOOD times and I look forward to having many more wonderful adventures with you, You are already doing an exceptional job in the Mommy Dept! I wish I could be with you right this very moment, I am in dire need of a good "giggle fit"! I love you Jenn, Pete & Nadia, very very much.

ReyLynda said...

Happy Happiest of birthdays to a wonderful, special lady!!! We hope it's a grand day, and it looks like your daughter started the celebrations in style.

Jenn, what a beautiful tribute to your Mom! It's wonderful to see how close you two are, and how special all of these memories are as well.

Mamarazzi said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mama!! I sure miss you!!

In the short time I have known you...I have shared so much with you...and you have given love to me and my family so freely as if I have always been a part of yours.

Thank you and happy birthday....

You didn't do such a bad job yourself in the Mommy Dept...so keep up the great work!