Thursday, April 12, 2007

Girl Fun!


This week was Spring Break for my nieces Hannah and Emily. I got to take them for the day and even got to enjoy them for a slumber party! It was great. These girls are growing up so fast! I remember when they were Nadia’s size and now they tower over her like giants. But that’s not all they do. Now they are the teachers teaching my daughter how to do things like how to feed the ducks, the proper way to climb a rock, and even which path to take while hiking through the brush. My, how they have grown. I don’t know where the time goes. It’s crazy!


We had a great time on our girl day. Our catch phrase for the day . . . "Shockie!" (It's a kid thing you probably wouldn't understand.) We painted our nails and fixed our hair. Then it was off to the park to feed the ducks. We played on the playground and with the ride on hydraulic fire engine. We hiked around the lake up to a beautiful gazebo and down through a campground where mouthwatering smells of burgers and hotdogs wafted through the air. We drove around to the other end of the park and counted horses along the way. I lost track after the first 10 but I did manage to count 3 steer (MOOOO). We found another playground with a couple large rocks to climb.


After this we were pooped. I was in no shape to cook after such an exciting day so we headed to Burger King for some chicken fries and some Sponge Bob toys. They had an indoor playground that the girls played in as well. We all grabbed our crowns and headed home for a little R & R. Once home it was time to veg in front of the boob tube, snuggle under the covers, and eat popcorn.


We had a great day, just us girls and I’m so grateful for the time I have with them. Before I know it they’ll be teenagers and I might not be as much fun for them to hang with. For now, I’m takin all I can get. I love these girls!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is that photo with their BK hats on!
My girls had a blast hanging with their Auntie Jenn and their cousin Nadia for the day and night. They still had their hats on when I picked them up from Nanny's house. Even when they are teenagers I'm sure they'll still love to spend time with you. You guys wills always have a special bond. Thanks for taking care of my girls....always!

Love ya,

Brenda

Mamarazzi said...

Gorgeous girls!!!