Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bloom of the Month (March 2007)


I am a tad bit late in getting this one out but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share it with you. This is my favorite bloom for March out here in this region of California. It is called a Claifornia Red Bud and it is gorgeous. The pictures hardly do it justice you almost have to see it to believe it. The blooms are tiny but vibrant fuchsia colored flowers that closely resemble a small orchid. I am taken aback by it every year. Nadia and I are privileged enough to enjoy this beautiful bloom on our daily neighborhood walks. Sadly the bloom time is small and in only a few short weeks it is covered in leaves. I was fortunate enough to catch it this year for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!!!


1 comment:

Mamarazzi said...

What a gorgeous bloom!! It's amazing! I love the colors and that last photo...the depth of field is amazing!!