Thursday, August 23, 2007

Forgive me while I catch up

Let me first apologize to my loyal readers. I’ve been lost in a cyber-haven! Lots of my readers have been wondering where I’ve been and when are they gonna read about it. Well I could blame it on lack of time with all the fun I’ve been having this summer. I could blame it on all of the crazy running around I’ve been doing with Nadia and my exchange students. These are all true statements and al legitimate excuses but I think the real culprit has been MySpace. I have been wrapped up in catching up with old friends and family that I haven’t seen in years. It is amazing.

Since moving to California I have had to retrain my mind. Anyone I see who looks familiar is not. That is the sad fact. When I first moved here I saw so many people who looked like my family members and my friends. But each time I would get close enough to approach the familiar face would vanish and I’d be face to face with a complete stranger. Excuse me! I felt like I was going crazy and I’m sure the people who I ran after to talk to had the same idea. After a while I trained my brain to know that NO ONE out here is familiar or from my past. So, I stopped looking. I gave up any and all hope of being reacquainted by chance to anyone in my past. Que sera sera.

I started a blog about a year ago to reconnect with my family and some friends who I was lucky enough to stay in touch with. This made me feel good. Reconnecting, sharing stories and photos. I heard about the MySpace phenomenon but refused to give into temptation. My husband (the computer genius) said it was bad and that was good enough for me to want to stay away. Little did I know how much I was missing out on. My cousin Patrick invited me to join about a month ago and I did just to see how he was doing. This opened up a world of family and old friends which I never fathomed possible.

Needles to say I am now a MySpace junkie. I miss being able to stay in touch. Until now it has been so difficult from 3,000 miles away. This place has opened up a whole new world. I have found so many people who I basically wrote off. C'est la vie! My mind has been expanded. No more of what I had trained it to believe these past years. These people were actually here! I wouldn’t be surprised if I found some of my dearly departed friends on here through some sort of glitch in the matrix. But that is getting off the point and I would need to write a whole other blog about that one. Maybe even a series of blogs.

So what I’ve been doing and why I haven’t had time to blog is doing some much needed catching up. It’s good for the soul. Well . . . mine at least. I’ve been doing plenty of writing, just privately to my good old friends and family. So, if you are in my family or an old friend of mine and you’re on MySpace, look out! I’m gonna find you and find out how the heck you’ve been. I promise when I’m done catching up there will be many more blogs and pictures coming so please be patient.

1 comment:

Mamarazzi said...

So glad to see you post here again!