Friday, May 11, 2007

Angels Really Do Exist . . .

And they talk to me through my two year old daughter.


I’m not sure if any of you are familiar with the phenomenon of child clairvoyance? It is something only small children experience because they have not developed control over their five senses. Some children have past life experiences and others simply channel multiple “spirits.” At either rate they can recall things out of the ordinary that no other person could know besides the deceased. It’s pretty freaky!

So, here’s the story, the other day Nadia and I went out to lunch at one of my favorite places, Kealani's, a Hawaiian Barbeque restaurant. We are eating our spare ribs and rice and along comes an adorable older couple and sits at the table next to us. The woman starts exclaiming how amazing Nadia is and implying that she is and old soul. She said that she will be someone very important in life she could tell.

Nadia is very sweet to sweet people and she is just listing to this woman go on about her. She starts mumbling a little in very quiet voice. Then she get’s a little louder looks straight at me and says, “Jennifer, that’s my Jennifer!” I almost fell off my seat and started balling. Luckily I was having a conversation with the older couple and I held myself together.

I explained to them that no one calls me Jennifer. No one but my Grandfather that is. And he passed away while I was pregnant with Nadia. His favorite line to me was, “Jennifer, that’s my Jennifer!” When Nadia said it she even said it in the same sweet nasaly tone that he did. I just felt like his Angel was sitting right beside her whispering in her ear letting me know he is still a part of our lives.


How amazing, thanks Granpa!


We'll never forget you!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story!